Become a more prepared, responsibly armed citizen by taking the Not Just Guns Concealed Pistol License (CPL) training course taught by Minuteman Defense the area’s premier CPL instructor. Class is held at Not Just Guns’ Training Center (GLTC) located in the plaza next door to the store.
Students will not only get one of the best CPL training experiences available but will also leave with a resource and support system for after the class as well.
The Course will be instructed by Brad Adcock of Minuteman Defense, and held at Great Lakes Training Center, located just a few doors down from NJG, at the south end of the plaza next door (same parking lot). Class will start at 9am and run to approximately 6pm. The physical address is 409 N Cedar Road, Suite F, Mason Mi, 48854 (If using GPS type in or search Not Just Guns).
- Mindset and preparedness for armed self-defense.
- Conflict avoidance and de-escalation.
- Michigan law and firearm owners’ ethics and responsibilities.
- Handgun safety and fundamental marksmanship skills.
- Guns, gear, and how to make the right choices for you.
- How to apply for your Michigan Concealed Pistol License.
What to bring:
- An open mind and good attitude
- Notepad and pen
- Lunch, snacks & refreshments
- Your handgun and 50 rounds of ammunition. If students do not have a handgun of their own yet, Not Just Guns is happy to offer a variety of models available for rental. Rental cost is $25 and does not include ammo. For firearm rental and or to purchase ammo, please visit Not Just Guns or go to notjustguns.com to make those arrangements BEFORE class.
- Eye and Ear protection. (Safety glasses and ear plugs or muffs. Active, electronic ear muffs are highly recommended)
- Sunblock, bug repellant.
- Weather appropriate clothing. The shooting portion of the course will be held on an outdoor range. (Class will proceed through weather except in the case of lightning or other dangerous conditions) Clothing should not be baggy, loose fitting, or tops low cut. No open toed shoes.
This Course meets or exceeds the training requirements of section 5j of 1927 PA372 of Michigan law and students will receive a certificate of completion upon completion.
Students must be at least 18 years of age. (Michigan requires you to be 21 to obtain a CPL)
Please note: Despite having a live fire qualification, this is not an instructional shooting course. Students are expected to possess and exhibit basic firearm skills and be able to consistently hit a target at a distance of 21 feet.
For any questions, please email your instructor Brad from Minuteman Defense at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember: We don’t enjoy the luxury of knowing the circumstances in which evil rears its ugly head upon us. We must prepare and be ready to deal with anything at any time or place. Classes can and do fill quickly, so don’t delay. To reserve your spot in class, get registered now!!