Introduction to Defensive Handgun
This course is to introduce students to defensive handgun shooting. This class is not meant to have students become masters of any of the particular skills or subjects in the course, but rather to introduce them to some basic fundamental skills, as well as to give them an idea of some of the other skills they have the opportunity to learn in advanced training such as the use of cover, one handed manipulation, movement and cover, etc. The goal of this class is to give the student a good skill base to begin building from, a knowledge of what else is out there, and a hunger for more.
- Safety and protocols
- Mindset, responsibilities, and expectations
- Concealed carry gear
- Assessment of students’ current skill levels
- Pistol marksmanship fundamentals
- Draw mechanics
- Conventional shooting positions
- Instructor demonstrations of unconventional / a-typical shooting positions
- Malfunction clearing
- One handed shooting
- Instructor demonstration of one-handed manipulations
- Use of Cover
- Verbalization, scene command & control
- Culmination scenario
What to bring:
- An open mind and good attitude
- Notepad and pen
- Lunch, snacks & refreshments
- The handgun you plan to carry and 50 rounds of ammunition.
- Eye and Ear protection are REQUIRED. (Safety glasses and ear plugs or muffs. Active, electronic ear muffs are highly recommended)
- Sunblock, bug repellant.
- Weather appropriate clothing. The shooting portion of the course will be held on an outdoor range. (Class will proceed through weather except in the case of lightning or other dangerous conditions) Clothing should not be baggy, loose fitting, or tops low cut. No open toed shoes.
Students must be at least 18 years of age.
For any questions, please email your instructor Brad from Minuteman Defense at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember: We don’t enjoy the luxury of knowing the circumstances in which evil rears its ugly head upon us. We must prepare and be ready to deal with anything at any time or place. Classes can and do fill quickly, so don’t delay. To reserve your spot in class, get registered now!!
Please note, you may only add 1 class spot to each order. If you wish to register more than one student, each individual must order separately so that we get the correct information for each student.
Payment must be made via CC at the time of the order. Check or COD payment options are not applicable to this item. Any orders with those selected as the payment option will be rejected.
All GLCW.com shipping instructions may be disregarded.